AIB works closely with counsel in crafting sound strategies related to the complex financial aspects associated with divorce proceedings. We have participated in many matrimonial litigation and mediation matters, ranging from high profile divorce cases to regular families trying to determine the fairest financial arrangements for everyone to move forward.
As a matrimonial specialist, we are especially adept in the accounting, tax and legal aspects of marital dissolutions, forensic accounting needed to track assets, identifying and quantifying separate and marital property, lifestyle analysis and sources available for child and spousal support. Our analyses often reveal the hidden numbers and uncover the financial facts that help our clients prevail
We also assist counsel at depositions, financial negotiations and in structuring the evaluation of settlement proposals, equitable distribution, asset tracing, dissipation issues, child support and spousal maintenance requirements, and the tax consequences of property distributions and support arrangements.
We provide Expert consulting and testimony services on behalf of financially dependent and independent spouses in cases involving a wide variety of complex issues.
- Evaluate the tax consequences of equitable distribution and support.
- Identify and quantify the costs associated with maintaining the pre-separation standard of living (lifestyle analysis)
- Reconstruct income and cash flow used by the parties to pay for the lifestyle costs
- Expert affidavits in support of free applications or in conjunction with other legal proceedings
- Identify and quantify the income and cash flow available to pay child and spousal support
- Conduct client interviews and review underlying documents for the purpose of preparing the net worth statements and financial affidavits in accordance with jurisdictional requirements
- Prepare case specific document requests in connection with notices for discovery and inspection.
- Assist in the preparation of financial interrogatories for response by the opposing party and assist in the preparation of responses to interrogatories submitted by the opposition
- Assist in deposition of opposing experts and fact witnesses
- Review all documents for omissions, inconsistencies and the need for additional document requests
- Asset tracing
- Income reconstruction
- Expert testimony
- Assist parties and/or counsel in negotiations